McCone Electric Co-op., Inc. was born of a common need and desire for electricity by people in the rural areas. These individuals came together as a group with the single idea of bringing central station power to their rural economy with the hope of improving their quality of life. That vision resulted in McCone Electric Co-op., Inc. being born as an entity on September 22, 1942.
The vision and mission of the cooperative is to bring reliable, high-quality central station power to its members at the lowest possible cost consistent with sound business practices. The philosophy of the cooperative is to promote the wise use of electricity through a marketing program that emphasizes the benefits and safety of electric energy and to be responsive to the changing needs of its member/owners.
To best accomplish our mission and adhere to our philosophy, we must further:
- Recognize that McCone Electric Co-op., Inc. will at all times try to provide its members with the highest quality energy products and services at a competitive price.
- Recognize that it is the member/owners of the cooperative who shape the mission and philosophies of McCone Electric Co-op., Inc., and that communication up and down the organizational ladder is vital to achieving the stated mission.
- Recognize that all organizations engaged in generation and transmission and/or distribution of electricity must fully cooperate with each other.
- Recognize that McCone Electric Co-op., Inc's ability to provide essential services is dependent upon attracting and retaining highly qualified employees who must be adequately compensated and given opportunity for personal growth and development.
- Recognize that our strength and quality as a service provider to our members stems in part from our alliance with related state, regional, and national organizations.