2024 Youth Tour to Washington DC
(Current) Sophomores and Juniors
Not for Seniors
The National Rural Electric Cooperative Association (NRECA) 2024 Youth Tour to Washington D.C. is designed to provide an opportunity for outstanding rural young people to better understand the value of rural electrification. It familiarizes you with the historic and political environment of our nation's capital and provides the opportunity to visit with elected officials.
The criteria to be eligible for the Youth Tour are:
- The student must be a sophomore or junior in high school in the fall of 2023.
- Student cannot be a prior winner of the youth tour.
- The student and/or parent or guardian must be served by an electric cooperative.
- The student must write an essay on the following topic: If you could have dinner with one prominent Washington, D.C. figure, whether from the present or past, who would that person be and why? What would you ask them?
- The essay must include a cover page with the student's name, address, and telephone number.
- Submit the essay to your electric cooperative no later than November 15, 2023.
Please use the following link to watch the Youth Tour Promotion Video: https://vimeo.com/mtmeca/yt
If you have any questions, please call Scot Brown at McCone Electric. 1-800-684-3605 or 1-406-485-3430 email: firstname.lastname@example.org